Each week we share a project stitched with products from our most recent StitchyBox shipment, to help spark your creativity and get you stitching! Want to see your own project featured here, and receive a free StitchyBox shipment to boot? Check out our Project Model Stitcher program!
This week's project is an adorable mini sampler from Homespun Elegance, Wicked Cat Sampler:
- Chart: Wicked Cat Sampler by Homespun Elegance - we have a few extra copies of the chart available in our shop, and you can also find it at your local needlework shop.
- Fabric: 36 count Dove linen (Weeks Dye Works)
- Orange: Trick or Treat silk floss (StitchyBox Exclusive - Dinky Dyes) (2 strands)
- Purple: After Midnight soy silk floss (Pure Palette) (1 strand)
- Green: Green Foliage silk floss (Planet Earth Fibers) (2 strands)
- Brown: Kris' Bon Bon cotton floss (Weeks Dye Works) (2 strands)
- Crushed walnut shells for stuffing
As you can see from the chart cover image to the right, our version of this project uses a vastly different color palette. I like to think of ours as a 60s-inspired palette (perhaps because I was watching the documentary series The Sixties while I stitched it!). I also left off the mouse button, and stitched my initials in Trick or Treat, while the rest of the alphabet is in After Midnight.
To finish our Wicked Cat, I created a pattern weight / pin cushion by using another piece of the Dove linen for the back, and making some lucet cord with another skein of the Trick or Treat silk. If you've ever made lucet cord, you know it requires a lot of thread - to encircle this small pillow, I used approximately half a skein of floss (all 6 strands held together). If you don't have a lucet, you could also use twisted cord, or some ribbon or chenille from your stash to finish your pillow.
As always, I'd love to see what you are working on this week - your WIPs, your finishes, and your UFOs. Leave us a comment below with a link or a photo so we can take a peek :)
Until next time, Happy Stitching!